Norton antivirus offers complete security features; these features are capable in maintaining protection on computers, laptops, and other devices. Despite its trustworthy features, users come across an error code 8504, 104 and this error crops up due to a number of reasons. Therefore, it’s important to fix each possible reason to put an off on the reappearing of this code.
Reasons for Error Code 8504 104 :
• If Norton 360 internet security software is not installed appropriately or you have downloaded a corrupt file of this software.
• Malware infection has infected the files or it has corrupted Norton 360 program files or Windows system files.
Steps to fix Norton error code 8504 104 :
- Go to repair registry entries linked with error code 8504 104.
- Go to “Start” menu and navigate to “Search Programs and Files” options, below “All Programs” type “regedit” and press “Enter” button. From its registry editor, select a key associated to this error 8504, 104 like Norton 360. If you want to backup this key, choose “Import” from file menu and you can backup key in a folder.
- Now perform a complete scan on your computer.
- Expel All The Temporary Files, Junk Files with Help of Tool Disk cleanup
- Now go to the “Start” button and navigate to run window, type “cleanmgr” and press “Enter” now. A new disk cleanup wizard dialog box will appear, now you can select boxes you wish to clean and then click “Okay” button.
• You need to upgrade all the drivers on your device.
• A user can use “System Restore” tool in MS Windows OS to undo the recent changes you made on your computer.
• Uninstall and re-install the software linked with this code 8504, 104.
• One can use Windows system file checker.
Next, go to “Start” menu, navigate to “Search Programs and Files” option, just below All Programs enter “sfc/scanow” in its Run dialog box. Now users just need to follow on-screen prompts to fix this issue.