Norton Antivirus is very well-known antivirus software that can protect, detect, and delete malicious files from your computer such as viruses, spyware, and others.
Norton Antivirus has different features that would be attractive for the users. It blocks viruses and spyware that protect your computer by stopping these threats. One of the great features of Norton Antivirus is that it protects the user while surfing the Internet or when accessing files from floppy disks, CDs, or any other hard drives.
The Norton Insight is the one who delivers the intelligence technology for the software to perform faster, fewer, and shorter scans of threats. For the latest version, there are some added and improved features. For the added features there’s the rapid pulse updates in every 5 to 15 minutes that provides an updated protection, a prevention method for the bots not to control the user’s computer, and a recovery tools that repairs the infected files or software. Norton Antivirus also improved some of their features such as providing double security through the Norton Protection Program and defending against web-based threats and attacks.
Key Features of Norton Antivirus Basic
Actively Protects Against Viruses, Spam, Identity Theft, and Social Media Dangers
- Insight identifies which files and applications are safe and which are dangerous, using the combined feedback of more than 175 million Norton users.
- Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet for comprehensive global threat monitoring.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection detects signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats.
- Download Insight and IP Address Insight prevents you from downloading files from websites that have a low reputation score within the Norton user community.
- Live 24×7 Threat Monitoring is backed by a network of Norton users who serve as your own personal Neighborhood Watch group.
- Scam Insight reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it’s safe to enter your personal information.
- Anti-Phishing Technology blocks fraudulent “phishing” sites set up to steal your personal information.
- Identity Safe remembers, secures, and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can’t be lost or stolen.
- Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and it’s too late.
- Safe Web for Facebook scans your Facebook wall and news feed for URLs containing security threats such as phishing sites, malicious downloads, and links to unsafe external sites.
- Network mapping and monitoring shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you.
- Always up-to-date product automatically downloads and installs important product and feature updates when you’re not using your computer.
- Norton Pulse updates virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes without disrupting your work or play.
- Insight + Optimized File Copy identifies safe files and only scans unknown files.
- Built-in Intelligence maximizes battery life by putting off non-critical activities until you are plugged in and out of full-screen mode.
- Norton Management enables easy single-password access to all Norton cloud-based applications and Web properties—to update, renew, fix, or install Norton. Includes Norton Management, Norton Anti-Theft, Norton Family, and Identity Safe.
- Windows 10 Compatibility touch-friendly support works equally great in keyboard and mouse environments.
- Live 24×7 Support gets you access to help online or by phone.
The downside of Norton Antivirus is that users are complaining that it slows down the computer specifically when it is in full scan but that doesn’t mean that the software isn’t effective. Overall, Norton Antivirus is still one of the best anti-viruses that can give positive user satisfaction.
Norton AntiVirus Basic 2019 is the latest version of Symantec’s very complete antivirus engine, which offers on-demand and real-time scanning, behavioral monitoring, browsing protection and more.
The most visually obvious change is the enhanced Norton Identity Safe, an excellent password manager. An improved form filler now supports drag and drop, you can search for logins directly from the toolbar, and the interface has been revamped in general. We’re less sure about the new look – it seems more obtrusive than the old one, more complex – but there’s also some useful new functionality here.
Elsewhere, the core of the program looks and feels much like the previous edition. That’s not really a problem, though, as the interface is generally clear and straightforward; most key options are just a click or two away, while there are plenty of more advanced settings available for those who need them.
Symantec say that protection is more effective though, with their behavioural protection engine SONAR seeing significant improvements, while enhanced repair capabilities use various Internet-connected resources to do a more reliable of cleaning up after an infection.
- Industry-leading protection at a groundbreaking price
- Powered by one of the world’s largest 24×7 threat monitoring networks
- Patented protection against viruses, scams, phishing attempts, zero-day exploits and more
- Automatic “silent” updates ensure you have the latest protection
- No in-product advertising pestering you to switch to a paid security solution
- Seamless upgrade options to additional protection as your needs grow
- Defends against viruses, spyware, malware and other online threats
- Safeguards your identity and online transactions
- Utilizes one of the largest global civilian intelligence networks to spot threats faster
- Industry-leading protection at a groundbreaking price.
- Powered by one of the world’s largest 24×7 threat monitoring networks.
- Patented protection against viruses, scams, phishing attempts, zero-day exploits and more.
- Automatic “silent” updates ensure you have the latest protection.
- No in-product advertising pestering you to switch to a paid security solution.
- Seamless upgrade options to additional protection as your needs grow.
Norton AntiVirus Basic is more than just antivirus software for your PC. It seeks out and destroys spyware, malware and other online threats, warns you of identity-stealing websites, safeguards your online transactions and catches phishing emails designed to trick you into giving up your personal and financial information.
Norton Anti-Virus Basic protects your PC to help keep you safe from today’s sneaky cyber criminals and sophisticated online threats. Powered by 24×7 threat monitoring and a global security network, Norton Anti-Virus Basic is designed to detect and destroy even brand-new online threats. And when it comes to online safety, you don’t want to be using last-to-know security. Bonus: You won’t be bombarded with the annoying ads you see in free software.
Most free and low-end security solutions help make sure viruses don’t sneak onto your PC. Unfortunately, viruses are just one out of many dangers online. You also have to worry about identity thieves, social media scams, dangerous online transactions and email phishing schemes. Norton AntiVirus Basic protects your PC to help keep you safe from today’s sneaky cybercriminals and sophisticated online threats.